Siding installation and door repair may cost you a pretty penny. In most cases, this job is done by the professionals. Our friends can help you repair door in Mississauga. And what about siding? Yet, there are siding materials, which don’t obligatory need professional skills. If you want to save some money, you can try to install them by yourself. One of the easiest material to work with is vinyl siding. Here are some installation tips, which may help you to do this job faster and without any issues.
- Use the widest starting strip possible. Starting strip is not the thing to economize on. The wider it is, the better the foundation of the house will be protected from weather influences.
- Carefully level out the starting strip. It will make the mounting of the rest of vinyl siding easier. You won’t have any problems with seams. You can draw a level line with a chalk to make sure you are not mistaken. Level out every fifth course while installation to keep to the correct level.
- Don’t install vinyl siding too tightly. Leave some space on each end of the plank for it to be able to expand and avoid distortion. ¼” will be enough for both ends together to exclude any further problems.
- Use a special blade to cut vinyl Edmonton siding. Vinyl blade makes smoother cuts and prevents chipping. The teeth on such blades are arranged backwards unlike standard fine-toothed saw blade. Spending money on vinyl blade will save you from spoiling your vinyl sections thus helping you to economize.
- Don’t lock the siding tightly. Leave space between the gap and the head of the nail. This will prevent cracking when the siding will expand or contract under the influence of the weather.
- Lift and nail. Pull each section up when you nail it. This manipulation will help you to lock the pieces together and make the whole construction sturdy. Besides, it won’t let the installed siding to come apart.
- Take the proper nails. Use only galvanized nails to set your vinyl siding. They should be at least 2” in length but you should use longer nails if your siding material is put over top of rigid foam. The right nails will leave out the problem of corrosion, so your vinyl siding made by siding Vancouver company won’t fall off in a couple of years.
- Flash the bottom corners of all windows. Putting a flash will help to hold up water, which may seep in the J-channels and lead to rotting of the window frames. Nail the roofing felt in the corner so that it was coming out over the siding run.
Hope our tips will be useful and your experience will be only positive. We’ve got one more advice for you: if you are not sure of your skillfulness, you’d better leave this job to the professionals. Siding installation may cost you a pretty penny. In most cases, this job is done by the professionals. Yet, there are siding materials, which don’t obligatory need professional skills. If you want to save some money, you can try to install them by yourself. One of the easiest material to work with is vinyl siding. Here are some installation tips, which may help you to do this job faster and without any issues.